Thursday, May 01, 2008

From 75 to 60 percent and something...

Finally , exams r over... and finally I MAY become a graduate. But what did i learn in these 3 years... In retrospect , I did learn a lot but nothing related to studies... I learnt to be more confident , I learnt how to avoid being nice always , I learnt that it is possible to pass exams by studying one day before them , I learnt that a few good friends (BANG) are better than trivial many , I learnt that it is your family who stands by you through thick and thin , I learnt that without google the world would come to an end...i could go on and on but i will put an end to this ...and i kno u anyways skipped the lines...

In college I was always just above average in studies...barring the odd first semester when i managed a whopping 75 %... that first sem was the start and end of my glory days in college... After that it was always about 60 PERCENT and SOMETHING...but
u know wat.. i m proud of being a 60 % something... atleast i m not a MUGGER like most in my class.... At times i used to wonder wtf am I doing in this class of muggers. All they do is go home and MUG MUG MUG....They could make a parrot proud .

These muggers , they dont even know the basics of computers and they are doing IT , ok leave aside computers..infact they are so aloof they dont know whats happening around them...their world starts and ends with their study books mugging and then blabbing all that durin exams...

Mugging kills creativity... It kills original ideas , there is nothing practical in it. All it proves is that u have a good memory ... but at 20 u dont have to prove that.... It was in the second year that i lost all interest in studies. I realized that this course was taking me nowhere .. infact it was killing my personality... and thats when i stopped STUDYING !!!... yea i could have continued studyin...but it wud be of no use... so that is when i decided "enuf of this shit...i will do what i want".

Second yr was the best... i hardly ever studied.., played cricket , bunked lectures , watched movies , cursed proffs for loading us with those stupid assignments and tutorials ,...everythin was gr8 except my results ...but that did not bother me ...I was content with them... but there were so many ppl who used to crib....especially the girls... It was so damn irritating....What was more irritating was that most of them did not make any sense.... I wont take names here...I can write one full blog describing them but i wont waste precious time...


The third yr sem 5 results were a shock to say the least.... The muggers fared badly ... and my group BANG (Bhavesh,Ashish,Naeem,Gaurav) did pretty well... We partied , played , watched movies , bunked lectures and studied a little , but we still managed to get well above 60 % ...and that felt really GOOD. It was like our victory..., I dont know what happened to the muggers , they mugged/studied a lot...but their results were disappointing... infact most of them managed a first class because of their internals which were in the high 40's out of 50....now, only if we would have got that many internals..(sigh)..


ok now i want to write about BANG ... so the next post would be the story of bang... how bang was formed... what bang did ...and so on...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we not only did very well in our exams but we proved it to the muggers that u don't need to study like tht to get good marks...and the evil me also made it a point to make fun of them at every single opportunity i got after the sem 5 results...they spent a month studying....i spent 8-10 hrs on a subject...i just hope i do better than them in sem 6 also....that will surely hit them hard

Anonymous said...

come on ashish bhaiya.....we like names on this blog :D

kaiserbreath said...

Well i must say , im really proud of BANG'ers. It was something that reminded me of our college jo/krs (jovito/krish). Really loved reading , freshened my college memories. Who ever is in , kill the muggers / hail hiter ! ;)

spicymist said...

u said one of your friend got 0\9 on that mumbai mirror hsc floppers quiz, so u tellin me ur frnd doesn't know the name of the president of our country?

Gaurav's Life said...

when r u gonna write about BANG ?